Hi, I’m Hazirah. Bruneian, she/her, in my 30s.
Front-end web developer, incurable collector of offline and digital content, and a tendency towards Brunei-centred projects: Just Bruneians / Open Brunei / Brunei Cabinet Database. Formerly of B:Read.
I’ve been online and making websites since 1998. I had a blog in the early 2000s, but this current blog is from 2010 and doesn’t contain posts from my earlier blog.
Here is a little resume of sorts, and let me tell you, it took me till 2020 to put up a section like this here.
Talks & Presentations
- 2020: Facilitated “Networking For People Who Don’t Like Networking” at International Women’s Day 2020, Women Techmakers Brunei
- 2020: Presented “Self-Taught Programmer: An Experience” at International Women’s Day 2020, Women Techmakers Brunei
- 2019: Showcased “Brunei Cabinet Database” project at GDG DevFest Brunei 2019 Project Showcase, GDG Brunei
- 2019: Panel moderator for “Book Club Panel: Favourite Feminist Reads of 2019” at The Tiny Lit Fest, Heartwrite Feminist Book Club
- 2016: Presented “How do we increase traffic between Libraries and Bookshops and Reading Clubs” at the Conference on Libraries Transform, Brunei Darussalam Library Association B:Read
- 2012: Presented “The online reading community of youth and adults” at the National Seminar for Improving Reading Culture B:Read
Labels indicate the group I represented for said talk
- 2017: Presented “A Brunei Survey of House Cat Names” at Songket Alliance’s Ramshackle Mar 2017 show
- 2015: Interview at CodeUp Women Seminar, TruSynergy
- 2014: Online article “Get to know Hazirah, co-founder of Open Brunei and B:Read“, Kathrina Daud, Projek Brunei
Bio & Background
BSc Computer Science. CV includes almost 10 years’ work experience in ICT, including roles as a graduate-level executive, civil servant, and then as a software developer. More recently, in 2018, I became self-employed as a full-time freelance web developer.
In 2020, I embarked on the Just Bruneians project. Previously, I co-founded B:Read in 2011, and retired from the committee in 2016. I co-run Open Brunei (now on unofficial hiatus) and one of my major ongoing projects is the Brunei Cabinet Database.
(You can find out more about what I’m up to now!)
– possiblyzebraThis page was last updated 2020-06-03 23:02:12.